[PD] naming pdpedia

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Sep 12 21:01:55 CEST 2007

I just had a thought, what shall we call this wikipedia that we are
building?  I think that pdpedia is a good name after all, since it
aims to be a encyclopedia of Pd, rather than a free-for-all wiki of
all things.  That means it is not tutorials, manuals, howtos, etc.

It is a collection of pages that explain "what is this?"  Wikipedia
has a pretty good explanation of this mission:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_wikipedia_is_not

I think our mission will be different, perhaps, because we do also
need a dictionary for Pd.  Perhaps we should have a wiktionary for Pd...

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith