[PD] "object" or "class" in pdpedia

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 23:22:08 CEST 2007

what you say make sense, it is just not true for Pd. in object oriented
programming (and maybe other programming too) the instantiation of a
"class" is called object. but referring to the miller's pd documentation
(html) there are no classes, and he calls classes "objects".
'"reference" patches, one for each kind of object in Pd'.
so even if there is the technical differentiation between that not
instantiated thing, usually called "class" and the instance of it,
called "object", that naming convention is not true for Pd.
both, the "class" and the instance are known as "object".
marius.