[PD] representning classes and selectors in the wiki

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 13 04:58:55 CEST 2007

Marius and I had a powwow about the pdpedia structure of the pages,
and I think we are in agreement with this proposal.  Here's the outline:

http://pdpedia.at.or.at/test/index.php/Main_Page

- Basically, it's as much like wikipedia as possible.  For class/
object names, the canonical page for each object would be the
'mylibrary/myobject' format, then there would also be a 'myobject'
page, which would be a redirect or a disambiguation page, depending
on the circumstance.

- Everything else would go into the same room namespace, like
wikipedia.  Then for things that need disambiguation, there would be
things tacked on, like wikipedia, like 'float (selector)'.

- about caps, I figured out how to make mediawiki keep things all
lowercase.  The problem is that wikipedia doesn't use mediawiki that
way, so it might have strange problems.  We'll see...

- like roman said, I think that all things Pd are welcome in the
pdpedia.  Libraries that are not in Pd-extended should follow the
same naming scheme, i.e. mylibrary/myobject.

.hc