[PD] pddp drafts

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 03:21:58 CEST 2007

hey,
just finished my templates. I did not concentrate so much on content and
layout, but on the question how to make different patch layouts with
stylesheets.
I think it is a good idea to make styles as flexible as possible.
https://www.puredata.info/dev/pddp/pddp-drafts
So what you see is one patch where you can switch between different
styles. The style definitions are in a seperate textfile and control
primarily canvases and text (but you can add your own style definitions
for guis...). You can set colors, fonts sizes, positions. please play
around and create your own layouts!
The layouts are rewritten everytime you open the patch, so you don't
have to worry to overwrite when you save a patch.
Besides the changes on gui objects, it is also possible to switch
headers and footers (or create additional patches). They are GOPs and
are scripted during runtime (when you open the patch). they can change
their appearance dependent on things like language settings, operating
system. But GOPS only support gui objects and comments, I really miss
support for images and pddplink. you will need iemlib, zexy, pd 0.39.
I only tested them on mac, so I would like to hear feedback about other
os. thnx.
marius.