[PD] channels and dac

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 17 11:39:53 CEST 2007

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Derek Holzer wrote:
>
>> Well, without any flags defined by the starting command or the saved
>> settings, then PD would start with two channels (stereo) and adding more
>> with the [adc~] or [dac~] would have no effect.
>
> Ok, so I need to specify on the commandline how many channels I need...

you can script the entire audio-settings dialog.
the problem is, that you can only script the entire audio-settings
dialog, and not parts of it (this is: you have to specify audio-api,
inchannels, outchannels, latency, midi-stuff ,...)

if you know all these, you could just do a loadbang in your patch to
create a sufficient number of channels.

fgmadsr.
IOhannes