[PD] future of externals (was Re: pddp drafts)

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:12:04 CEST 2007

peace!
frank, I don't want you to fade out on that discussion, because I think
it is more than just the pddp problem and it is an interesting
discussion for the future.

'pd core without externals makes no sense/cannot be separated from
externals.' what do you think?

at the moment the externals are programmer libraries (packed together
because they were created by a developer). But in the future there will
be "standard libraries" which do not exist yet. these standard libraries
will be structured like standard libraries in other programming
languages. they will have clear naming conventions and everybody will be
happy. what do you think?

marius.