[PD] pddp drafts

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Sep 17 23:02:27 CEST 2007

Hi Marius,

Thanks for taking the dive and contributing ideas to the wiki. I'll
"strike" that task from your todo list. How is the wiki template going?

I think the discussion about externals was well played out, what have
you ended up deciding? (Will your stylesheet system work on vanilla PD 40?)

I am a little confused about the purpose of these templates though, as I
thought you had issues with the way the information was structured in
previous templates (and the over use of canvases) and now I see you have
even more canvases (cnv)!

Here is some feedback:

* I think the idea of the stylesheet is a good one, especially as it
works for multi-lingual PD. Of course the comments would still be
unilingual without lots of extra effort.

* Where did the three panel layout come from? Having two columns for the
content does not really flow well, as they are different sizes. The
extra space for the patch area is nice, but I think most examples need
more vertical space than horizontal, even with template 11 the example
patch is still floating in a lot of empty space. See template 6 for an
example of another alt design that had a bigger patch area.

* The purpose of the canvases in the previous templates is to break up
the content, so that are all the width of the text area or so, when they
are too short they no longer serve to break up the content because they
need to have more emphasis on the text.

* All in all I don't see any improvement of this design to template 11,
Would you consider making template 11 stylesheet compatible?

See my other message about GOPing pddplink.

Great to see all this effort! :)

.b.