[PD] pddp drafts

pueblo at mail.ljudmila.org pueblo at mail.ljudmila.org
Tue Sep 18 13:13:13 CEST 2007

hola,

I am following this reference templates discussion because I'm interested
in the pd documentation project.
I have only some side comments about colors, I think -if used, colors
should be kept to accentuate content.
This was said before but also
in my view pd objects in reference patches should not be colored.
I do think that colors help to remember things so it would be helpful to
use them in order to remember  families of objects or other categories.
I did some exercise using colors to emphasize sections, making minor
changes to template 9 from Ben - In order to have some
constraint to choose I used a color palette -I borrowed filterbank~ colors
for this.

http://ljudmila.org/~pueblo/box/constructivism/template9_a.png

previous try:
http://ljudmila.org/~pueblo/box/constructivism/template7_aaa.png
http://ljudmila.org/~pueblo/box/constructivism/color_palette.png

It is only an exercise  I just wanted to note that the decision of using
colors is
sensitive, we associate many things to them and this becomes important
when you are learning.
I specially have problems with the use of gray which I associate with the
obvious gray skies, pigeons and dictatorship (chilean style)

I'm not a graphic designer but I sense some relation between pd
and constructivism/suprematism so this could also be an inspiration for
color and form...

http://ljudmila.org/~pueblo/box/constructivism/malevich-st-1916.jpg
http://ljudmila.org/~pueblo/box/constructivism/lissitzky-mayakovsky.jpg
http://ljudmila.org/~pueblo/box/constructivism/rodchenko-mayak-nipple.jpg
http://www.poster.net/malevich-kasimir/malevich-kasimir-black-rectangle-blue-triangle-1915-3500626.jpg

thanks for the good work and hope to join you in the chat
discussion  in some hours from now.

best wishes,
alejandra