[PD] inconsistencies with lib names (was: representning classes and selectors in the wiki)

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Tue Sep 18 14:44:47 CEST 2007

Hallo!

> as far as i have understood it, the standard library wants to duplicate
> externals: e.g. an object that allows interfacing with the serial port
> would be a copy of iem/comport that is named hardware/comport (or whatever).
> thus it would not rely on "3rd party" externals, but on stdlib
> "internal" libraries. (with duplicate code and everything that follows
> from it)

As far as I undestood it the code of e.g. comport would go in this
standard lib (e.g. to hardware/comport) but should not duplicate the
code - instead the iem/comport code should be obsolete and now
maintained in hardware/comport.

But as the others convinced me at the pd conv I don't think that this
will happen soon (and "soon" in pd time means maybe 8-10 years ... ;)

LG
Georg