[PD] GEM GLSL patch vertex displacement mapping

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Sep 18 21:48:36 CEST 2007

Hi all,
this brings me to a question that has bugging me for some time:
Can (vertex) shader programs have a knowledge of time? This would
make it possible to move around objects using shaders.
I can imagine that it's possible to increment counters (in graphics
card memory) across shared calls, but in addition it has to be
possible to calibrate these time steps (unsusceptible to varying GPU
load).

any ideas?
greetings, Thomas