[PD] channels and dac

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 19 03:02:31 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 08:55 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > however, you can easily find out, what you need to send by eavesdroping
> > on the 'pd channel':
> >
> > [r pd]
> > |
> > [print]
> >
> > then choose the desired settings in the menu and click 'ok'. as soon as
> > you click ok, you'll see the message (and its format) in the pd-console.
>
> Nice! However I can't seem to get it working. With the above setup I get
> the following printed when I change channels to 10:
>
> print: audio-dialog 0 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 44100 50
>
> So I pasted this (without "print: " into a message-box and was expecting
> channels to be set to 10 when I clicked on it. However this doesn't
> happen. Are my expectations wrong or am I missing something?

yo, sorry, i should have mentioned it, since its not self-explanatory.
you need to send it back to pd, so do either this:

[audio-dialog 0 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 44100 50(

[s pd]

or, which is exactly the same:

[; pd audio-dialog 0 0 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 44100 50(

YO, N.B.:  you need to send the audiosetapi message before you send the
audio-dialog message. audio-dialog alone won't work i think. this has
the bad side effect, that the audio-settings window pops up. i didn't
find a solution yet to avoid this. has someone an idea?

roman