[PD] looking for a way to use wav files embeded metadata.

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:02:45 CEST 2007

Hi there,

    I'm using several readsf~ objects to play sound but I also need to build some kind of counter to know where I am in the file. In order to do this, I need pd to be able to read the length of the file in the metadata (other wise, I would need to reopen the file in a table to exctract it's size in samples, but that would cause a drop in audio in the other readsf~ objects running in the same time...) does anyone know how to do this? Thank you all.

                                                                                                        D.S http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/

http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/