[PD] scale from maxlib - undocumented feature

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Sep 23 11:05:42 CEST 2007

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> > This is a "standard" feature of all obects/externals:
> > If the hot inlet does not accept a list, the first element is sent to the
> > first inlet, the second element to the second inlet, etc...
>
> oh, I guess I was missing something all these years

You were probably already using it with [line~] and [vline~] etc.

Once you realize it, you may find it very useful in other places as
well. For example it's very handy to add a list of two numbers without
unpacking:

 [1 2(

 [+ ]

 3

or to swap numbers:

 [1 2[

 [swap]

 2 1

or to multiply many numbers with [list-reduce]:

 [1 2 3 4 5 6 7(

 [list-reduce]X[* ]

 5040

or use it with [expr]: