[PD] Opening a PD patch on Startup in OSX

Greg Pond gregpond at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 00:35:59 CEST 2007

I dont know how you have set this to work on your machine but I have
set my gallery installs on mac os x 10.4 systems to autostart by doing
the following:

1. setting the "open at login" option for PD from the dock

2. setting the start up path in "start up flags" box within
preferences>startup menu

I havent encountered the problem that you have but I dont shutdown my
machines at night. Is there some reason you need to?

Here are two simple ways I have used that might work instead ( I dont
know what you are running with PD ( gem, etc...) but they could be
modified to suit:

1. use a 24 hour clock patch ( really just a resetting counter and is
attached) that turns the DSP ( or whatever is appropriate ) on/off or
closes and opens the other patch at certain times instead of
restarting entire computer

2. use an arduino and a light sensor to turn off the DSP when the
lights are shut off at night