[PD] external questions

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:51:13 CEST 2007

Hi

I'm writing my second external, an arpeggiator called "arp". I know I
was encouraged to write it as an abstraction, but the exact features
that I wanted seemed too overwhelming for a pd-newbie.

Anyways, I have two questions:

1) Whenever I instantiate it in pd I get "consistency check failed:
class_addmethod: arp_bang: bad argument types" in the pd console.
However the external seems to work just fine. If someone clever could
look at the code an spot the mistake, I'd be most happy! Basically I
have four float-inlets where the first should also accept "bang"-messages.

2) With the recent thread on name space in mind, is there anything I
should do to make it more name-space-safe? Of course I could prepend it
with something like my name, but that would be so ugly :-)

NB: I'll make a proper announcement/release when it's finished and
supplied with a -help.pd file.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte