[PD] DMX oriented library for PD?

Chris lists at proquariat.de
Tue Sep 25 01:46:18 CEST 2007

Well,
another solution:

Some time ago I wrote a script for the Enttec-DMX-USB-Pro. It's
available at sourceforge: http://sf.net/projects/wtf2osc. You have to
check it out from CVS.

It's tried in Linux and Windows (but should work in OSX too) and you can
talk to it using the OSC-External available for PD (or with any other
OSC-capable-software). A sample-patch is included in CVS.

When it comes to theaters: I don't think they would accept a
open-source- tinker- solution, most are fixed on (and only trust in)
commercial devices for some 1000$  :(  And sometimes 40 steps/second is
too slow for you when you want to be really creative.

So long,
Chris