[PD] Manual conversion of a Pure Data file in Max/MSP

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 25 13:01:19 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Andy Farnell hat gesagt: // Andy Farnell wrote:

> I think the question here is "how can I tell which order they were connected
> in the Pd patch" (in order to rebuild it in Max). I am unsure about this, but
> as I said on the forum - read the Pd file because the order of the connection
> matrix is the order of creation. But since the *evaluation order* is undefined
> I don't really think this will help.

If you spot more than one message connection leaving an outlet in a
patch ("fanning") than you're generally looking at a broken patch.

But if you already have such a buggy patch which wasn't using triggers
to specify execution order and was instead relying on the current
implementation, where the order of creation specifies the order of
execution, and if you forgot the order of creation, one approach to
find out the order of execution is to use lots of named [print]
objects and watch the console. It's tedious, but that's the price to
pay for not using triggers in the first place. :(

Ciao