[PD] Manual conversion of a Pure Data file in Max/MSP

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 26 21:13:50 CEST 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> personally i think that the "feature" of max to respect the
> left-to-right order is really a bug, but that is just me...

The feature of respecting right-to-left order of wires could make sense if
patches remained simple, as it makes the diagrams visually simpler, but it
doesn't scale well, so as soon as a patch gets bigger, it complicates
patching more than it simplifies it... and we know how big pd patches can
get even when trying hard to keep habits of often turning things into
abstractions and subpatches.