[PD] nsend and nreceive released

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 03:05:38 CEST 2007

(hallo, tried to send this to pd-announce but was rejected, anyone know
why?)

Hi all,Here are two objects very similar to regular send and receive in pd,
with the added capability to accept a 3rd argument to specify the number of
inlets and outlets, each of which will become a dedicated send/receive line.

[nsend $0my6sends 6] will create a send object with 6 inlets, that will map
to the corresponding
[nreceive $0my6sends 6] (with no number argument it will default to acting
like a normal send or receive object).

I've also included duplicate objects [ns] and [nr] for abbreviation
purposes.

This object is made possible by [initbang], so thanks IOhannes!

It is also made possible by dynamic patching, which is something I really
hope gets some attention someday since it enables wondrous things, but is
terribly tedious mostly because of the need to manually count the objects in
a patch (a simple overlay option showing each object's number and the
numbers of its ins/outs would go a long way, actually).

Hope these are useful to someone
Cheers
Luke
proyekto.net