[PD] saturday

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:56:43 CEST 2007

hey,
hans and I were working for quite a long time on the setup for the wiki.
we set up a testwiki at http://pdpedia.at.or.at/en.
It is still running on hans' homeserver, so performance could be better.
I uploaded a lot of files to have testdata to play with. we want to have
the real wiki set up until saturday.
the way we have this working is using tons of variables. for example
library information (author, weblink, version, releasedate...) are all
variables. wiki calls them "template". if you see a template, that has
no content yet, just fill it out. once set, it will show up on all
pages, that have that information.
we also want to make use of the categories, so "objectclass" is the
parent category for libraryname/objectclass (yes, we sticked with
"objectclass"...). when you go to the page of a category like
http://pdpedia.at.or.at/en/Category:creb all the pages that belong to
that category will show up. libraries are categories, but also genres
like "math, midi, ..."
don't expect too much, not all objects are imported yet, and everything
looks still quite empty.
but please send questions, feedback.
marius.