[PD] [PD-announce] call for pdpedia language site admins

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 2 15:22:33 CEST 2007

Pdpedia is modelled after Wikipedia, so I think that the Wikipedia
rules apply unless otherwise discussed.  This is all quite new and no
one really knows how to do it, so try things out.

Plus, I think that each language should be autonomous, like
wikipedia.  Yes, standards and sharing work are good, but they should
be accepted by those involved in that language site.

For docs, the mediawiki site, the wikipedia site, and the #mediawiki
chat room are good:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User_hub

.hc

On Oct 2, 2007, at 4:24 AM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

> hi,
>
> is there an "pdpedia administrator for dummies" guide? (if not, I
> could make one as I go) What are the steps to be made? Should I
> wait until the english version is more structured and then copy/
> translate everything? (I wasn't in the discussions and just jumped
> into this, but I guess that all languages should have the same
> structure, right?)
>
> Joao
>

> Am 02.10.2007, 03:51 Uhr, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at eds.org>:
>

>> Plus imports show up as normal edits, so you can do them at any time,
>> and if oyu mistakenly overwrite something, it'll be in the history.
> --
> Friedenstr. 58
> 10249 Berlin
> Deutschland
> Tel +49 30 42020091
> Mob +49 162 6843570
> jmmmpais at googlemail.com
> skype: jmmmpjmmmp
> http://www.puredata.org/Members/jmmmp
> IBM Thinkpad R51, XP, Pd-Ext-0.39-2-t5, Pd Van 0.40-t2

----

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic