[PD] translations for pdpedia templates

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 2 22:02:51 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 15:27 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 10:22 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > yo, so many german speaking people here: i need your advice. since
> > nobody have done yet the translation to german, i thougth, i could go
> > for it.
> > but: for me it's not quite obvious, what really should be
> > translated and
> > what not. when speaking german to other german people, often just the
> > english terms are used. i tried to make a translation, that makes the
> > most sense in my eyes, but that doesn't mean, that it does for
> > others as
> > well.
> >
> > ----------------------------------
> >
> > # wikipedia terms
> > $stub = "Überarbeiten";     # this is used in the german wikipedia
>
> You can find the equivalents of a page in another language by
> clicking the link on the lower lefthand side.  Überarbeiten seems to
> be Cleanup, but there isn't a Deutsch link for "stub".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cleanup

i really investigated this one and and asked people from #wikipedia and
it seems, that the german wikipedia lacks the exact equivalent for
'stub'. i don't know what to do in such a case. since all correct
translations don't make much sense according to [1]. my suggestion is to
use 'Rohbau'. Any objections from the german speaking community?

[1]
http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=on&search=stub&relink=on
(i am excited to see, if this one gets a linebreak)

> > $messages = "Messages";       # not sure about this one.
> >                               # german would be 'Nachrichten', but
> >                               # noone seems to use it.
>
> Since 'Messages' will be on the english site, I think that the German
> pdpedia site would be oriented to people whose English isn't very
> good.  So I would think that Nachrichten would be better.  Do people
> ever talk about Nachrichten in the OOP world?  There is already
> Rechner, Festplatte, Bildschirm, etc.

are you referring to Object Oriented Programming? i don't know, it's
just that i never ever heard someone using the word 'Nachricht' in that
context. i would like to hear other opinions.

roman