[PD] translations for pdpedia templates

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 2 23:23:26 CEST 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 3:24 PM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>> Looks good, except maybe the wikipedia terms.  They should be just
>> like in wikipedia. "template" also seems to be translated.  How's
>> this:
>
> although it's an english word, template (as well as other words) is
> used usually by people - in this context, much more often than
> Predefinicao.

Wikipedia PT has both, with Template as an alias.

>> http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predefini%C3%A7%C3%A3o:Infobox
>>
>>> # wikipedia terms
>>> $stub = "Esboço";
>>> $template = "Predefinição";
>>> $category = "Categoria";
>>> $infobox = "Infobox";
>
>> Also, is this a typo or is 'Bb' correct:
>
> ah, it's a typo. only one B
>

>>> $library = "Bbiblioteca";
>>
>> Is this term used for "release version" (instead of "test
>> version", "beta version", etc)
>>
>>> $releaseVersion = "Nº de versão";
>>
>> Could it be:
>>
>> $releaseVersion = "versão de lançamento";
>
> that can be more accurate, although it sounds a bit strange (that's
> why I was trying to put something more language-friendly).

"Nº de versão" looks like "version number", which is not quite what
"release version" means.  It is meant to mean the version of the most
recent release of that software.  "latest release version" would be a
longer term for it.

.hc

>> On Oct 2, 2007, at 10:53 AM, João Miguel Pais wrote:
>>
>>> You mean something like this?
>>>
>>> Portuguese:
>>>
>>> # wikipedia terms
>>> $stub = "Esboço";
>>> $template = "Template";
>>> $category = "Categoria";
>>> $infobox = "Infobox";
>>>
>>> # pdpedia terms
>>> $objectclass = "Classe de objecto";
>>>
>>> # page headers
>>> $inlets = "Entradas";
>>> $outlets = "Saídas";
>>> $arguments = "Argumentos";
>>> $messages = "Mensagens";
>>>
>>> # infobox
>>> $name = "Nome";
>>> $description = "Descrição";
>>> $abbreviation = "Abreviatura";
>>> $library = "Bbiblioteca";
>>> $author = "Autor";
>>> $developer = "Programador";
>>> $releaseVersion = "Nº de versão";
>>> $releaseDate = "Data de lançamento";
>>> $dependencies = "Dependências";
>>> $license = "Licença";
>>> $website = "Website";
>>> $programmingLanguage = "Linguagem de programação";
>>> $platform = "Plataforma";
>>> $operatingSystem = "Sistema operativo";
>>> $language = "Linguagem";
>>> $dataType = "Tipo de dado";
>>> $distributions = "Distribuição";

----

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson