[PD] linux - faster load first time

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 09:10:27 CEST 2007

Hi

When I run pd the first time it takes a while to load, the second time
it's much faster. I use a bash script to load my session (ardour, muse,
pd + more) so if pd isn't running before muse, muse can't connect it's
midi outs to pd's midi in.

I assume the load time is a matter of loading a binary, that's cached
the second time. If so, where's the big binary? I tried running "cat
/usr/local/bin/pd > /dev/null" in the beginning of my bash script, but
that didn't seem to work.

If the above is a blind alley, whe could be done to speed up pd loadtime
the first time?

NB: pd is version 0.40.3, and I'm running debian/linux...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen