[PD] translations for pdpedia templates

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:41:01 CEST 2007

hi,
the translation is used to label the standard textfields in the infobox
and the raw pages. with that information it is possible to create a
basic version of a language wiki. the next thing is to translate
content. maybe start with general pages or objects that are often used,
or do it library by library.
as I already said before you can also do that by using a database file
http://www.parasitaere-kapazitaeten.net/Pd/pdobjects
with that file it is easy to generate wikipages and import them on a
scripting basis.
you can also do it library per library. people can split the list and do
it in parts.
then you have to decide if you want english text in your pages or not.

there is no real standardized layout yet. some sections like inlets
outlets... will appear in every page. we try to find a style that is
similar to wikipedia; at the top a small sentence that explains the
object, then some paragraphs about technical information, and then
examples and more details about what you can use the object for.

I think that can be translated from the english pages from the wiki
itself, but we don't have that yet.
[msd] already has a lot of information.

marius.