[PD] gt~ and lt~ (similar to zexy <~, >~) and between~

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Oct 4 01:51:43 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 13:03 +0100, Andy Farnell wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:16:03 +0200
> Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:
>

> > personally, i think as well, that these objects are good candidates to
> > be inlcuded to pd-vanilla, as well as these: [abs~], [sgn~]
> >
> > roman
>
> Would get my vote. They are fairly essential core components. Shame about
> this Windows filename problem though, perhaps [gt~] and [lt~] are better
> names in that case.

if they would be included into pd-vanilla, the name issue wouldn't be an
issue anymore. and for consistency's sake it would be even better, if
they kept their old names, since [<] and [>] are already part of pd.
though, i don't know if it would lead to any problems, if internals
steal the names of externals. at least i cannot think of any, if the
behaviour is the same.

roman