[PD] Trying to implement switch ramp

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 4 16:05:09 CEST 2007

This seems to be a fundamental limitation with block-based DSP panguages -
you can get 1-sample DSP/control/DSP turnaround only if you're content to
wait for the next block boundary -- if you want to be able to name any
sample you want, then the minimum turnaround delay is one block.  I waxed
a bit on that in Chapter 3 of Techniques, but I think the subject is so
abstruse that nobody actuallly reads that chapter :)