[PD] translations for pdpedia templates

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 4 16:37:12 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Max Neupert hat gesagt: // Max Neupert wrote:

> what about some other germanophones on the list cast their ballot on
> this question?
> frank, what's your opinion?

I'm normally all for anglicisms and I use "Message" when talking to
IOhannes or other german-speaking Pd people, but I admit, that I've
mostly used "Nachrichten" in my c't-Artikel on Pd. I sometimes wrote
Message as well, though, just so people know what's used on pd-Liste.
I'd say, "Nachrichten" would be the better term for a german pdpedia,
but if there's a "Message" somewhere, it would be okay as well.

Some more things I used in that article and their translations:

box: Box
message box: Nachrichtenbox
number box: Zahlenbox
inlet: Inlet, Ausgang (both were used)
object box: Objektbox
patch: Patch
patch window: Patchfenster
patch cord: Patchkabel
edit mode: Edit-Modus/Editiermodus
run mode: Run-Modus
default value: Default-Wert
compute audio: Audioberechnung
array: Array
table: Tabelle (seldom used)
sender: Sender
receiver: Empfänger
argument: Argument
float: Fließkommazahl, Zahl

Of course when talking about an actual object (class) literally,
nothing was translated: [float] stayed [float], "float object" as in
"put a float-object there" became "float-Objekt"

Tschau,