[PD] linux - faster load first time

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:51:32 CEST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin McCoy <km.takewithyou at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 4, 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [PD] linux - faster load first time
To: Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>

 I use fluxbox WM, no hassle, no fancy bollocks. It's just
> X with some coloured window bars and a program launcher menu.

I should have mentioned that I use the same, I love fb but the programs are
still slow to start - problems must be elsewhere.  I ended up liking xterm
better because it is so speedy but I am still interested in finding out
more.

People always say you shouldn't have to reinstall linux to maintain it so I
would love to hear about possible remedies..

km

--

++++
http://pocketkm.blogspot.com