[PD] displaying long text in GEM

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 7 11:44:14 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Maciej Wojnicki hat gesagt: // Maciej Wojnicki wrote:

> what is this "double gemhead idiom??
> i see it in a patch but what does it mean in practice??
> this patch looks quite strange

I think, I explained it a bit before, so you also may want to search
the list archive. The basic idea is to use two gemheads, where one
(the lower) is put into forced rendering mode, which means, that it's
switched off as default and is made to render only every time, it
receives a bang. The upper gemhead is used as a kind of metro, which
bangs the lower gemhead on every frame. The trick then is to bang the
lower gemhead multiple times on every frame and change some data in
the meantime.

Please see attached patch for another example.

Ciao