[PD] translations for pdpedia templates (French)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Oct 8 18:59:48 CEST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Jérôme Abel wrote:

> I think it's useful to link some terms to English terms because Pure data is
> written in english. For Exemple, inlet is "entrée".

> $library = "Bibliothèque"; # "Librairy" est utilisé non ?

"Librairie" is often used because it's a lookalike. Technically it means
"Bookstore" instead, but the distinction is not actually useful in its
metaphor, so it could really be either. In my experience, I see
"Bibliothèque" in books and software translations, and I hear
or read "Librairie" in conversations.

> $platform = "Plate-forme";

Current French seems to have dropped the hyphen on this, regardless of
what the dictionary says.

> $language = "Langage";

"Langage" is used for programming language, but "Langue" tends to be used
for natural languages.