[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism

vade doktorp at mac.com
Tue Oct 9 06:51:14 CEST 2007

Because the Mongolians did it so much better as to be noteworthy? And
dont forget the Vikings, we were pretty legendary. Then the damn
Christians tamed us.

But im also an American citizen (my mother is Scandinavian), so you
have my explicit permission to speak of the current American Hordes,
should you need to specify any group of people with a
"horde"/"Invasion"/"rape"/"torture" analogy, or if you are feeling a
bit reminiscent, to use viking rather than mongolian, you will at
least offend n-1 people on the PD list.

Thanks,

On Oct 8, 2007, at 10:40 PM, Chris McCormick wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 12:41:22PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>
>>> Of course, hacker slang can be sexist as well, even racist if you
>>> look
>>> at the term " Mongolian Hordes technique" above.
>>
>> If only you had had those real Mongolian hordes rushing towards
>> you at the
>> appropriate time in history, you would understand...
>>
>> There's a difference between being sensitive to racism and dismissing
>> history.
>
> I wonder why we don't refer to the european hordes rushing into
> countless
> continents, slaughtering and raping the local peoples for the last few
> hundred years? There is a difference between dismissing history and
> selective memory.
>
> Best,
>
> Chris.

v a d e //