[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 9 17:26:59 CEST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 12:41:22PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> There's a difference between being sensitive to racism and dismissing
>> history.
> I wonder why we don't refer to the european hordes rushing into countless
> continents, slaughtering and raping the local peoples for the last few
> hundred years? There is a difference between dismissing history and
> selective memory.

Just because we don't mention it *here*, doesn't mean we don't know it or
want to forget it. We don't have quotas of representation of historical
facts on pd-list. If you want to balance the representation of historical
facts on pd-list, do your own share if you will, but pd-list has no such
duty.

Now, while you're back into that topic, can you point to me the reasons
why Canada refused to sign the last treaty about natives? You seemed to
assume that if Canada had not signed it, it had to be for the worst of
reasons, but have you actually read about the reasons?