[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Oct 10 16:28:50 CEST 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I'm not sure which culture is "our" culture,

In this context, it would be all the west-european, canadian, australian,
nz, usa, ... mostly that.

> It also seems to me that hacker culture uses lots of terms
> tongue-in-cheek, and that a reference to Mongolian hordes may even be,
> in some folks' minds, a jab at the Westerners who coined the term.

Man. I just said. "Mongolian horde" is a term most likely coined by
Mongolian hordes. The term has been adapted to fit many languages and
eventually reached English.

> Americans today make ironic references to the "Axis of Evil" and the
> "war on terror" and "homeland security" all the time.  It doesn't mean
> they buy it, even if the media makes it seem that way.

Yeah but why do they still vote for one of the two big parties?