[PD] another small gem problem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 10 16:38:21 CEST 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 6:01 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Oded Ben-Tal wrote:
>> It seems my Gem is missing [yuv2rgb] (and rgb2yuv ).
>> A bit of history: I'm using pd0.39-extended from at.or.at, but that
>> version of Gem had problems (see previous exchanges for the
>> details) I
>> replaced the pd.gem_drawin file from a more recent CVS version and
>> that
>> fixed many problems. I am running it on a macbook, osx10.4
>> [rgb2hsv] does exist.
>>

> these are now abstractions, you have to add the path were the
> Gem.pd_darwin lives to pd's search paths.
>
> the path is usually <path-to-pd>/extra/Gem/
>
> [import Gem] should do the trick as well...
>
> fma.sdr
> IOhannes

Actually, [import Gem] won't work since it'll find the Gem.pd_darwin
first.  I don't think it really works to have a Gem.pd_* and a folder
called Gem.  I think for this to work ok, the folder should be called
something else and made into a libdir.  Or even better, make all of
Gem a libdir and include the abstractions in that libdir for a
unified library called "gem".  :D