[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 17:01:29 CEST 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>> Americans today make ironic references to the "Axis of Evil" and the
>> "war on terror" and "homeland security" all the time.  It doesn't mean
>> they buy it, even if the media makes it seem that way.
>
> Yeah but why do they still vote for one of the two big parties?

why? I think because USamericans are fearful people. they are fearful,
because they never learned to talk about their problematic history.
genocide and slavery. they just inherit the guilty consciousness
unprocessed from generation to generation. therefor they only feel safe,
when they are protected by a big brother. they live with the idea of the
survival of the fittest (make the rich richer). they never gave black
people compensation for their exploitation (nor any other group). as a
matter of fact this is not only US history, but western history in
general, but european countries experienced worldwar II and I think they
changed their way on communal thinking about racism and so on. there was
some shift in common notion and also the wish to keep this notion alive.
USamericans subconsciously still fear revenge. and even worse, some of
them even think it is a good idea to have a small, rich, educated
leading elite that controls the big majority of people. they propose a
free market, which I see rather as a free slave market, because
preconditions are not fair at all for all people. they try to oppress
every effort of union building and their voting system is a "the winner
takes it all". in europe it took green parties more than 20 years to
make it into gouvernments. in the US this is not possible, because with
anything less than 50% you are nothing.
and of course the US has a media that is owned by a handful of people,
and an education system including universities that aligns itself more
to the needs of companies and corporations than to the values of life.
that's why "they" still vote for one of the two big parties.
with the fall of the dollar, the raise of china, some bank crashs, more
and more unemployed people, no health care, no social security I think
people will start to vote differently within the the next 10-20 years.
marius.