[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:09:12 CEST 2007

On 10/10/07, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
> >> Americans today make ironic references to the "Axis of Evil" and the
> >> "war on terror" and "homeland security" all the time.  It doesn't mean
> >> they buy it, even if the media makes it seem that way.
> >
> > Yeah but why do they still vote for one of the two big parties?
>
> why? I think because USamericans are fearful people. they are fearful,
> because they never learned to talk about their problematic history.
> genocide and slavery. they just inherit the guilty consciousness
> unprocessed from generation to generation. therefor they only feel safe,
> when they are protected by a big brother. they live with the idea of the
> survival of the fittest (make the rich richer). they never gave black
> people compensation for their exploitation (nor any other group). as a
> matter of fact this is not only US history, but western history in
> general, but european countries experienced worldwar II and I think they
> changed their way on communal thinking about racism and so on.

Well I've only lived in the US and Romania, but Romania is Europe; and they
are way way behind the US on racism, sexism, gay rights, etc.  The Roma
pretty much all live like animals.
I think your reasons are broad generalizations.  Well, most of them anyway.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com