[PD] Syncing an event with refresh rate in GEM

Olivier Heinry olivier.heinry at manga-burgah.net
Fri Oct 12 10:48:21 CEST 2007

Le jeudi 11 octobre 2007 à 15:32 -0400, Thomas O Fredericks a écrit :
> Yes there is.
> Your monitors have to have the same refresh rate in your xorg.conf (for all your monitors)

do you mean this part of xorg.conf:

> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier	"builtin"
> 	Option		"DPMS"
> 	HorizSync	28-72
> 	VertRefresh	43-60
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
> 	Identifier	"flatpanel"
> 	Option		"DPMS"
> 	HorizSync	28-72
> 	VertRefresh	43-60
> EndSection

Once I have checked "Sync to VBlank" for Video Texture Adpator and Video Blitter Adaptor,
the nvidia-settings suggest to reset them to this:

> Section "Monitor"
>     # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
>     Identifier     "Monitor1"
>     VendorName     "Unknown"
>     ModelName      "LPL"
>     HorizSync       30.0 - 75.0
>     VertRefresh     60.0
>     Option         "DPMS"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>     # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
>     Identifier     "Monitor0"
>     VendorName     "Unknown"
>     ModelName      "LG L1720B"
>     HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
>     VertRefresh     56.0 - 75.0
>     Option         "DPMS"
> EndSection

which would mean  that according to the connected screen I display the Gem window on ,
I have to set the Gemwin framerate to 60 for "Monitor1" and to 75 for "Monitor0",
If I got all your explanations well?

Or woudl it be better to lower the fastest screen's maximal VertRefresh rate to the slowest's?

++
O.