[PD] bouncing

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 13 17:05:54 CEST 2007

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> I need to bounce objects against a border that is not running parallel
> to x or y, but in a gradient angle. actually I need to bounce the
> objects within a pentagon. iSeg2D allows object to cross the border when
> they bounce, there is no x/y-max for gradients.
> I am also looking into frank's pyode script. Is there something in it,
> that can do that?

Yes, everything is there. Just create some plane-like geoms without
bodies for the pentagon, then use a sphere as the moving object. This
is not restricted to 2D, it's full 3D, but as long as you're not
generating any forces in Z-direction, you should be fine.
(Restriciting movement to 2D with ODE is possible, but a bit tricky.)

Ciao