[PD] bouncing

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Oct 13 20:28:10 CEST 2007

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> thanks frank, I will look into it. do you have any benchmark test data
> about the speed of pyode compared to pmpd or msd?
> I basically need only 2d at the moment. with pmpd I think I can draw at
> least 100-150 objects, maybe more(?). but that depends on the framerate,
> and many other factors (like how many of the objects are linked to each
> other...)

If you only need point masses, msd is much faster, because ODE always
does rigid body simulatons. If you need rigid bodies, then msd doesn't
cut it and you need ODE (or something like that).

100-150 bodies in ODE are not that much of a problem, but you need a
fast machine already.

I don't really use pmpd anymore, so I cannot comment on that, but msd
is faster than pmpd as well, collision detection is trickier, though.

Ciao