[PD] gem/fullscreen/linux

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 16 17:09:00 CEST 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> we don't provide linux binaries because of dependency issues.
> (chances are low that my binary will work on your machine)

This is something that gets fixed using static linking, no? But perhaps
making correct static linking while building a shared library is not so
easy, compared to making a standalone app.

A few years ago, I had written this line, in order to compile with
libruby.a and still produce a .so :

   lib = "-Wl,--whole-archive"+lib+"-Wl,--no-whole-archive" unless OSX

You give those options to GCC, but the "-Wl," means "delegate the
following option directly to LD"

Have you ever tried that?