[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:41:05 CEST 2007

> there's no 'PLEASE STOP' there is 'YES PLEASE HURT ME!',
> that's all we can take here.

That's funny... "yes please hurt me" is also my "safe word"
(just a little joke to illustrate how some 'fringe' vernacular enters
into common usage... we all know what that means)

but it is really kind of important to consider how types of jargon
become common usage, despite having sexist or ethnocentric overtones
(resulting in an inharmonic series of posts... see "gang bang" or
"mongolian hordes technique").

I think we could have had a constructive conversation about sexism on
the pd-list, but argumentative and egotistical comments dominated
things.  It's not a good way to persuade other people, or get to the
core of the matter.

I think you can see that many people care about the creation of an
intolerant culture on pd-list which discourages other people.  But the
thread was just not helping.

in the absence of anything constructive, I'd rather talk about beer.  Yes, beer.

Chuck