[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

.·:*¨¨*:·.darsha.·:*¨¨*:·. darsha.h at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:19:40 CEST 2007

Hi people

If this thread has to continue please feel free to substitute the word
'girls' for 'women' or 'sisters' even.  I am not sure what the count is but
I can imagine that there are very few actual girls on this list (that would
be pretty cool though...bunch of lurking little girls, hi, hi).

I am in my mid twenties and I don't really like being called 'girl'.  A girl
is a female child...  The other women on this list may not agree with this
or they may not even care about it one single bit or they may even be
annoyed that I am bringing it up (if this is the case then sorry ladies)...

My little sister who is 15 (and fond of gem) is someone who I consider a
girl or maybe even a young lady....If there were more like her on this list
then maybe girl would be the right term...To be honest though, I wouldn't
recommend that she join this list at this point in her life...This thread
makes my skin crawl.

xo

Darsh

On 10/16/07, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:

> hey ho
>
> let me switch in again. it was not my intention to stop a thread in a
> dictatorship way. i just noticed, that the discussion meandered through
> very different subject-matters, that weren't related anymore at all to
> the original topic 'sexism', and it seems, that it wasn't coming to a
> point. since this is still a list about pd, i proposed in a not so
> serious way to bury that thread, since a real discussion obviously
> couldn't be established.
>
> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 19:38 +0200, pueblo at mail.ljudmila.org wrote:
> > > yves,
> > > I haven't noticed anything offensive on the list like you describe
> (maybe
> > > you're mixing life on the streets with life on the pd-list? :))
> >
> > hi David and all,
> > I don't know if you didn't follow some threads but here are some
> examples
> > of greasy jokes:
>
> yo, i am glad, that you bring some realworld cases up. i think, this
> could be a basis for a real discussion.
>
> > From:         João Miguel Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com>
> > Date:         Tue, October 9, 2007 1:29 pm
> >
> > - do you know how many feminists are necessary to change a lightbulb? 2:
> > One to change the lightbulb, and one to s**k my c**k.
> > [I think all users are old enough to read this, and at least it's a
> > humorous tone, not purely offensive like some mails in the last weeks]
>
> i don't know, how obvious this was, but i am pretty sure, that in the
> first place it wasn't jmmmp's intention to make bad jokes, that insult
> feminists. i would rather say, that he, as probably some others, felt,
> that this discussion was going to nowhere and probably wanted to
> provocate a discussion by bringing up the most stupid macho joke (or
> whatever this should be called) he could think of. obviously he
> succeeded. i wouldn't count that as an example of chauvinism in the
> list, since it seems, that it was triggered by the topic 'sexism' in
> order to question the ongoing discussion.
>
> accusing him of chauvinism would be too simple in that case, though i do
> not approve sending such sentences to a public mailing list, regardless
> of the intention.
>
> > I really didn't want to post another OT but to be blind about the facts
> is
> > just a bit too much for me to keep silent.
>
> i think, the whole community would agree, that whatever is troubling
> someone in a serious manner, it should be brought up here.
>
> roman

~computer incantations for world peace~
JL Ponty