[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Alicia Byer aliciabyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:22:19 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

Maybe I have no valid opinion because I just lurk on this list, but I
don't appreciate being called "girl" either, I'm in my mid-twenties
also. And as far as the thread making anybody's skin crawl, I agree with
Darsh. The kind of terms and attitudes being thrown around about
gang-bangs and gross sex make me not want to join in any discussions.
It's just like my supercollider class in college where I was one of two
women, and the professor kept discussing what one should do to be a real
"jock" programmer, and everything had to be so macho. It just seems
dumb. And to whoever it was that said something about "This is how we
talk on the street", first of all, I don't believe you, and second of
all, this isn't the street.

Anyway, darsh, I know where you're coming from.

thanks everybody,
Alicia