[PD] translations for pdpedia templates (French) and mailing list and ...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 17 18:12:33 CEST 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 5:27 AM, Olivier Heinry wrote:

> Le mercredi 17 octobre 2007 à 10:49 +0200, Jérôme Abel a écrit :
>> I try to resume informations to see what we have to do.
>>
>> Pdpedia translation
>> -------------------
>> I did the template following wiki administrator instruction. I
>> think It's OK.
>> But You may check it here.
>> http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/Modèle:Infobox_Objectclass
>
> The {{{Nom}}} appears twice, except for that it looks fine
>

>> In my opinion, We can translate website and infobox by "Site
>> internet" and
>> "Infos".
>>
>> Now in the template it's "Site Web" and "Infobox".
>>
>> But it's not very important now, isn't it ?
>
> Sorry for posting before checking my email again. Anyways, these are
> minor differencies which dont clutter the meaning
>

>> PdPedia Import
>> tongues
>>
>> May be we could discuss in french in the first one, and send a
>> the second one every week (or couple of week) to talk about our
>> progression.
>
> a report in english
>
>> I think we need a specific list to organise work together and do
>> not disturb all
>> other contributors.
>
> I agree. the reason most people cancel their subscription is too much
> traffic.
>
>> Pdpedia method
>> --------------
>> * start with Pd Vanilla : 20 objects by step. (in alphabetic order)
>> * check all french pd contributors.
>
> french-speaking ;-)
>
> BTW, is it possible to display besides the name of the object, its
> status (still a stub , or "complete") and or the name of the latest
> contributor?
>
> It would greatly speed up the group translation process to check at
> one
> glance (well, almost...) what's still to do. I'm not really
> experienced
> with wikimedia, so if anyone is....

There are a lot of tools for working with mediawiki, just think of
the quantity that wikipedia handles.  There is lots of built-in
reporting, like history and categories.  Check the "Special" pages.

Then there are things like a wikipedia mode for Emacs and other
editors, and RSS tools for editors.

.hc

> ++
>
> O.
>

>> PdPedia classification
>> ----------------------
>> Make easier navigation for artitic goal and newbie.
>>
>> two propositions :
>> * see the classification in Processing web site (vidéo, audio,
>> image, couleur,
>> ...)
>> http://processing.org/reference/index_ext.html
>> http://processing.org/reference/libraries/index.html
>>
>> * see the classifictaion in Pdmtl abstractions
>> http://wiki.dataflow.ws/PdMtlAbstractions/Contents
>>
>> I don't understand how to make categorie in wikipedia...
>>
>> I think, the first step is to complete pd-vanilla. After we can
>> try to organize
>> it into more sensitiv categorie.
>>
>> The search engine seems hard to use, but may be someone work on
>> it. It's quite
>> hard to find objects ...

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf