[PD] pdpedia classifications

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 17 19:14:56 CEST 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 12:39 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> On Oct 17, 2007, at 8:58 AM, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:
>> Yeah, that's the idea of the status field.  Perhaps when something
>> is  marked deprecated, it should include the date and last Pd
>> version of  the deprecation.
>
> hmm, is an external that works fine with pd-0.33 "deprecated"?
> just because pd-0.33 might be considered "deprecated"? after all
> pd-0.33 is still available.
> in this case, pd-0.39 might be deprecated as well (even though the
> current pd-exteded is based on that). are all externals that work
> only with the latest release of pd-extended (but not with 0.40 or
> 0.41 (once this gets out)) to be deprecated then?
>
> i would rather have a more positive field "works with:" (last known
> pd-version to work with)
>
> how about the other way round? "requires:" (pd>0.30)
>
> what with externals that change with Pd?
> (v1.0 works with pd-0.37..0.39; v2.0 works with 0.40..)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deprecated

"deprecated" is a status that the author gives to code to say that
there is a better version available which should be used instead.
It's not a mark of whether something works or not.

.hc

> mfg.asdr
> IOhannes

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.