[PD] many paths, how

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 18 16:47:24 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> I think it would be very good to have cleaned up preferences windows
> for Pd in general.  They are one of the biggest uability issues in Pd
> right now. If someone writes the code, it can easily be included into
> Pd-extended.  Including it into Pd-vanilla is a different story,
> we'll see what happens there.

I hate to say this: But a lot of these problems are already solved in
Pd and Pd-extended. The solution is called ".pdrc", and I'm personally
still using it. It has practically endless space for libraries, paths
and startup options, the options can be freely arranged, moved up and
down, it works for non-admin users on Windows, copy'n'paste support is
top notch, it can be themed with Vim, Notepad or Emacs themes etc.

.pdrc rocks my world and it can rock yours, too!

The only thing missing is comments.

Oh, and unfortunatly it seems to be deprecated.  ;)

Ciao