[PD] another basic pd question/creation arguments in abstraction

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 18 16:58:06 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Atte André Jensen hat gesagt: // Atte André Jensen wrote:

> What can I do then about audio rate inlets?

Inlets (sig and control) and arguments aren't related in any
predefined way. Obviously you cannot pass signals itself as arguments,
only symbols and numbers are possible, so any conversion to signals
has to happen using some dsp object.

> As far as I understand they supply continious streams thus
> overriding and creation arguments I might supply. Is there something
> like [sel~] that'll only send the signal on should it be different
> from 0?

Is [sig~ $1] of any help? It will take the signal to generate from the
first argument. If that is missing, it would be the same as [sig~ 0].
The same of course is possible with any dsp-object that accepts
arguments, like [hip~ $1] etc.

Ciao