[PD] [OT] Re: about sexism is TERMINATE THREAD PLEASE

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Thu Oct 18 17:48:10 CEST 2007

olaaaaa,

this is an excellent summing up of all that is wrong here...
i didn't except to find soo much c.r.a.p. under the carpet ..
you can call me a troll, but i don't think i'm so braindead
[maybe tired].

>I didn't start this thread on sexism

i started this thread mainly because i wonder why some women
feel the need to create their own structures and events,
and why we go straight to separatism,
separate women and men,
[here don't forget DEBIAN was created
by DEBorah and IAN,
i never knew if this one was a joke ]

so why we should have different agendas?
one of the reason is that women can't take this macho c.r.ap. anymore.

>because I didn't have any particular
>complaint against this list although I can remember some situations
>outside the list:
>
>- once a pd friend said to me that still no women wrote an external, ah
>yes I would like to program a external I said. He said oh well Yves can do
>that  you don't have to do that.

+ i never the patches of the _persons_ i worked with before,
i will not start tomorrow.

>-once a pd friend which I wanted to talk to said ah! you are the visual
>artist that works with Yves. that was ok but there is this prejudice that
>women doing pd do visuals. Ah no, I make noise.

in fact, i do more of the visuals now
but we don't use video anymore,
text is more interesting.

>-once a pd friend said that his professor said that women can't do sound
>because is too abstract for them, they need the materiality of visuals

so Zeena Parkins, Laurie Anderson, ... never did anything..

best,
sevy