[PD] webring name and url (!) changed to pd_ring

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:56:35 CEST 2007

hi,
in the US there is no difference between trademarks and registered
trademarks. you acquire a trademark by
a. Use
b. Registration
What is a trademark?
a. Trademarks: a distinctive work, phrase, logo, symbol, image or other
device that is used to distinguish one brand of product from another
b. Service marks
c. Trade dress
after some time (usually half a year) of use of a name you automatically
have a trademark on it (if you register it, you just make things easier
to execute).
therefor, maybe *you* should sue them (if they are new on the market it
is likely that they have to change their name!!) of course you don't
want to do that, but there is no possibility for them to win a lawcase
against you. they just can make your life yack! by suing you. (which
makes another big resource for US (corporate) bashing).
anyway, your decision to change the name is probably a wise one.
marius.